Comment on page
About the Programme
- 1.Identification and onboarding of partner high schools.
- 2.5-day intensive remote Intro Course based on Harvard's CS50 Introduction to Python for recent graduates from our partner schools.
- 3.DirectEd Bootcamp enrolment based on Introductory Course performance.
- 4.Access Scholarships (laptop, WiFi, data, transport, tutorial vouchers) crowdfunding campaign for the DirectEd Bootcamp.
- 5.Internship placement tech partners where they gain real-world experience and niche skill specialisation (e.g. Azure, Power BI, smart contracts).
- 6.Remote employment as software engineers or launching tech startups whilst contributing back to the scholarship funding of their alma mater (step 4).
This part seeks to provide an accessible introduction to coding, giving all students an opportunity to showcase their talent in the subject.
- 12 weeks remote bootcamp, 40+ hours a week, divided into 2-week modules (sprints)
- Extra workshops covering time management, communication, the software development lifecycle and entrepreneurship.
- Final project wherein students independently (a) identify a problem and (b) build and deploy a full-stack app to solve it.
We work hard to find Tech internship partners. Students who successfully complete all 5 modules are given the opportunity to work as interns with these companies.
- Interns work in teams of 4
- Each team has a technical mentor/manager
- Interns receive stipends